INDIANAPOLIS – The USA Track & Field Foundation has awarded 9 youth grants to track & field clubs throughout the country, announced today by Chairman Bob Greifeld and Executive Director Tom Jackovic.
“Providing support to deserving young athletes is a great way to close out our grant making year. Many of these kids wouldn’t have an opportunity to compete in track & field without the kind of help we provide,” said Paul Lilly, USATF Foundation board member.
The Foundation encourages youth track clubs and programs from all areas of the United States to apply for financial assistance. The Foundation favors the use of grant money to expand existing youth programs/clubs, to provide additional competitive opportunities for children and to enhance the experience for all participants. Preference is given to clubs that are based in low-income areas. It also favors programs that have a history of solid financial management, multiple funding sources and community support. Allowable expenses include equipment, uniforms, meet fees, travel, facility rental, staff and volunteer training, and outreach.
USATF Foundation grants were made to the following clubs:
- East Side Steppers Track Club (OK), $1,500
- Fast Start Management, Inc. (FL), $1,500
- Feet-On-Fire (OH), $1,500
- Greensburg YMCA Youth T&F Club (PA), $2,000
- Gambold Gators Track Team (IN), $1,000
- Hercules Running Rebels (CA), $1,500
- NewBrook Elementary School PTO (VT), $1,500
- Singer HS Track Team (LA), $1,500
- Team Onalysis (CA), $1,500