The USA Track & Field Foundation supports elite athletes as they strive to achieve their dream of competing in an Olympic Games, a World Championship or other Team USA competition. The Foundation provides assistance to athletes that meet its grant application criteria (including income thresholds and performance standards).
Here are some amazing recent statistics showing what the Foundation has been able to accomplish:
- 60 grants were awarded in 2013
- 292 grants awarded over 8 years ranging from $1,500 to $7,000 to 139 elite athletes
- Over $500,000 in grants in 2012/2013
- $1.2 million in grants given in the last 8 years
- Have shown a particular emphasis on athletes in traditionally under-sponsored events. For example, the throwing and jumping events.
- 19 grantees on 2013 World Championship team
- $231,000 awarded to grantees thus far in 2014